There are many ways to boost your exhibit traffic at trade shows, from outrageous props to gorgeous models, but when all is said and done, there are also some pretty basic things that you can do as well to improve your trade show success. Here are six we’ve compiled for you:
Six Common-Sense Tips for Trade Show Success
- Invest in your display. Trade show attendees get their first impression of your organization from your display. Be sure it’s clean, in good condition, and that it properly reflects your brand. If it’s outdated, is starting to look worn, needs repair, or if you’ve simply outgrown it, consider investing in a new custom display.
- Pick the right trade show. Statistics show that more than 90% of trade show attendees are there because they want to learn about new products which they may eventually want to purchase. On the bright side, this makes face-to-face marketing at trade shows very effective. However, this is only the case if you’ve picked a trade show with an audience that’s interested in the types of products and services you offer. In other words, your booth may be fantastic and attract all kinds of traffic, but if it’s not targeted traffic, you won’t make sales.
- Market your trade show presence. Get the word out to current and potential new customers to let them know when and where you’ll be exhibiting. Use email campaigns ahead of time to briefly explain your products and services and use email lists that include show attendees, if possible. Include your booth number and invite email recipients to stop by to chat or pick up freebies. Offer to schedule a meeting with them in advance so you can meet with them during the show. Also, get the word out on social media before, during and after the show. Take photos during the show as well to feature on your website, blog or in social media posts.
- Keep your booth well staffed and well stocked. Be sure to have adequate staff on hand to cover various shifts, lunch breaks, and so on. Also be sure to order plenty of materials in advance of the show so you don’t run out of printed items like brochures, sales fliers, data sheets and business cards.
- Offer free stuff. Everyone loves getting something for nothing so freebies are a great way to get people to stop by your booth. Try to give away items that are fun, unique or useful to show attendees.
- Use videos. Videos that explain your products and services are great for keeping booth visitors occupied while they wait to speak with you. They also can do a good job of educating and even selling. Be sure to keep them on a loop so they keep playing over and over.
Collaborate with Empire Display for Success
If you think it’s time for a new custom display, Empire Display Solutions can help bring your vision to life. We offer beginning-to-end service, from initial concept through design, fabrication and installation. For more information on how our experts can help your trade show display stand out from the crowd, contact us today!
Search over 1800 contemporary designs in our Exhibit Design Search to get started.