Trade show exhibits require a great deal of time, effort, and money. But they’re not worth much if you don’t engage in some trade show marketing to generate interest.
Regardless of your budget size, we have a few ways that you can drive attention to your display and expand your reach.
Trade Show Marketing Tips – before the show
- Use your social media channels to build your brand and curate the story of your show. Engage with your audience both in person and online.
- People love to be surprised, love to have their expectations exceeded, and love to laugh. Do something – like giving hints – that keeps them on their toes and interested in what you have to offer.
- Mock up a newspaper front page with stories about the trade show that highlight you and your product.
- Hand out something branded and small for people to hold on to, like a key. Where does this key lead? Back to you and your show!
Trade Show Marketing Tips – at the show
- Swag on swag on swag. Hand it out everywhere. You can even tip cab drivers, bellhops, and bartenders to wear it! Offer prizes on the spot to those who are seen by your staff wearing it.
- Have a wireless charging station at your booth. Give people something fun – and related to your product – to do while they wait.
- Incentivize people to post about your booth on social media – maybe a photo op? A fun giveaway?
- Hand out branded mints, gum, or candy. Let them know that you have great taste!
Outside the Conference & Onsite Promo
- Tip bartenders to use cleverly branded coasters at nearby restaurants and bars. To further encourage people to stop by the booth, number them and offer prizes.
- Broadcast an interactive slide show on a building near the convention center.
- Hire a chalk artist to create sidewalk art for you and your brand.
- Hire a food vendor to give out free hot dogs, popcorn, or other tasty treats in your custom, branded paper holder.
After The Show
When you measure your success, don’t forget to see how your social media engagement has changed and keep the momentum going! Continue to engage with your audience across all social media channels.
Empire Display Solutions Makes Trade Show Success Simple
For more trade show marketing tips, check back on the Empire Display Solutions blog. We have more content designed to help you make the most of your trade show and convention experiences. We also have the raw materials for trade show marketing success: Pop-up displays, Modular displays, Outdoor displays, Banner stands and many, many accessories. Visit our homepage for more information!
Search over 1800 contemporary designs in our Exhibit Design Search to get started.